So I was laying in my bed trying to fall asleep, but I was distracted by the moon. It is so bright tonight, and for some reason, so enchanting. I don’t often get mesmerized by the stars (probably because I live in suburbia where the many streetlamps, floodlights, and other lighting drowns out the stars), but tonight, they’re hard to miss. I decided to stop trying to fall asleep and instead bask in wonderment at the beautiful, glorious creation that my God made. I mean, He designed all of this-the way the moon reflects the sun’s light, the stars that seem so small but are actually so gigantic and powerful, and the gradation of light across the sky. The only way I can describe it is glorious.
And it’s huge. The universe is so vast; endless according to some. I don’t understand how God can hold it in the palm of His hand, see the beauty that He has created, and pinpoint not only our planet, but me and say “It is good.” How can I, a depraved and sorry excuse for a follower of Christ be held in such high regard by the Creator of literally everything? Undeserving doesn’t cut it, but then again, simply being thankful doesn’t seem to cut it either. Truly I am awestruck at the love I feel in simply pondering these things.
Then it hit me that I was made for this kind of glory. In fact, I am placed above all of nature’s glory in that I am created and designed in the very image of the Creator Himself, and individually loved and cared for by Him. I was created to worship this glorious God and to reflect His majesty. It isn’t even about owing the Lord anything-it’s that because I was made to glorify Him, I’ll never be satisfied until I do, because that is the single purpose bestowed upon me. Even the moon and stars reflect the glory of their Creator, and it is a flooring, beautiful thing to behold. I can only imagine the beauty that would unfold if we the Church and people of Christ truly glorified God as we were made to-it would be so bright, so distracting, that the world would be unable to continue functioning without pausing to gaze and wonder. My prayer is for Christ to continue His work in me until my King is so dominant in me that it literally stops people and causes them to be directly pointed towards Him.
What a powerful God I serve. It’s hard to wrap my mind around the fact that these stars are the very same stars that the Lord used when promising Abraham generations of children. That this same sky led Psalmists to pen the very words of worship that are now a part of the Word of God. That these very stars and this very moon are the ones created by a single declaration-“Let there be light.” That countless before me have been distracted and stopped by the majesty of the King’s creation, and then filled with hope at the simple glory and beauty of it all.
And then, my heart quickens at the thought that one day, I will be able to see and experience the glory of God up close- the stars won’t seem so little or faint, but rather, I will join them in worshiping our same Creator. One day, I will behold the One I love, and I won’t even be able to take it because He is that glorious. So I wait for Him and put my hope in Him.. my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment